5 Tips to Get Back on Track with Health and Fitness
1. Reconnect with your motivations: Ask yourself why you want be healthy… why you made that commitment to yourself back in January in the first place. To feel better? To partake in activities with friends and family? Perhaps you want to take a trip and have the stamina needed to enjoy the most out of it? Remind yourself… and remind yourself often.
2. Go all in on consistency, not perfection: Its ok to have set backs… everyone sabotages their hard work from time to time. What is important is to not let that get in the way of getting back to your new habits. Have a plan and some structure but realize it’s a guide, not a master plan. Life is not perfect, and neither are we. Be adaptable, all or nothing often leads to nothing. Example: doing exercises at home instead of going to the gym… or shorter workout.
3. Celebrate small successes and build on them: Keep track of your progress and don’t minimize the small wins. Maybe you had set out with big ambitions… but remember that you are in this for the long game. Example: Don’t necessarily just focus on numbers… maybe you are sleeping better, or are in a better mood.
4. Find accountability and support- Who is there to help you stay healthy and fit? Maybe a friend that goes to fitness classes or walks with you. A family member who cheers you on! Or perhaps a health professional such as a personal trainer who works together with you to get the best results. Signing up for an event, like a 5k.
5. Stay Committed- Make health and fitness in your life a non negotiable. Remember your motivations. Be patient and dedicated to the process and progress will come. Strengthen not just your muscles but also your mindset. Be responsible for your actions, but also treat yourself kindly. If you have setbacks, try not to be so hard on yourself, you can get back on track. Turn a setback into a comeback.